My sister lingered by the doorway until she caught my eye, I’m not sure how long she was watching me for (how long was she watching me for?!) but in the sweet and suspicious way a sister usually can, she asked me the innocent question:
“Do you have a minute?”
I laughed, “What do you need?’
So, my challenge was to create something that could reinvigorate her face. She was going for that Toned, Plumped, Fresh and Dewy (TPFD) look. Not much, right?
I took to the kitchen with my kit (yes, I have a kit) and it didn’t take long to come up with a recipe. Once I got the seal of approval from her, I decided to write this post to explain how to make it – if you’re looking for that TPFD look.
What you’ll need:
- Ice cube tray
- Matcha Powder (Bloom’s)
- Rose Water
- Half a lemon
- Witch Hazel (Neal’s Yard Remedies)
- Evening Primose Oil (Neal’s Yard Remedies)
- To a measuring jug: add 80ml of water, 10ml of Witch Hazel and 10ml of Rose Water.
- Squeeze half a lemon into the jug.
- Add a teaspoon of Matcha Powder and 5 drops of Evening Primose Oil to the jug and mix.
- Mix the contents of the jug well, pour into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- Once frozen, wrap an ice cube in a muslin cloth (or a sheet of kitchen roll) and massage all over the face. (It’s important not to directly apply the ice cube on your face as it can cause the delicate capillaries under the skin to break)
The recipe will make enough for 7 ice cubes (perfect for each day of the week!) I’d love to know how you find it and as always feel free to let me know if you have any requests (Either here or on Instagram: @sabziandsaffron)