Have you ever abandoned your skin care regime, clean eating habits or 8 hours sleep a day schedule? I have, oh so many times, to the point where my skin starts to show the signs of neglect. I only remember to switch back to my routine if I have an event to attend (fine dining at Subway counts, right?) which requires me scrubbing up as best as I can.
However, as this realisation is usually last minute (I’m talking hours before I need to get ready) I need something pretty magical to make a significant improvement quickly (and makeup can only cover so much). Which is why I’m so excited to share this recipe, it’s basically in the same league as ‘Get out of Jail free-Advance to Go Collect 200’ .
When I use this mask, my skin becomes smooth, looks dewy and random imperfections have blurred out (not to mention, it helps create a good base for makeup application). I want to emphasise that this is great for all skin types (oily, dry, mature, sensitive…you name it! I have made and tried this on so many different faces that I’ve lost count!) The mask is also gentle enough to put directly under your eyes too! For all these reasons and more, I have named this face mask ‘The One’, as it deserves nothing less:
What you’ll need:
- Matcha Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Neal’s Yard White Tea Face Mask
- Manuka Honey 24+ (You can use regular honey too)
- Rose Essential Oil
- Almond Oil (Evening Primose Oil or Rosehip oil works too)
- Fill a saucepan with water and heat until it starts boiling (reduce heat at this point).
- Place a bowl in the saucepan and add a teaspoon of Manuka Honey and 2 heaping teaspoons of Neal’s Yard Face Mask – stir until smooth (turn off the heat).
- In a glass, add ¼ teaspoon of Matcha Powder and a ¼ teaspoon of Turmeric powder to a small amount of warm water and mix. Add the Matcha/Turmeric mixture to the bowl and stir.
- Add 5 drops of Rose Essential oil and a teaspoon of Almond Oil to the bowl and mix.
- Leave the mask to settle for 5 minutes before using it
I hope you’ll love this mask as much as I do and get to use it to prep your face for any event you have planned in 2018.